In Amy's own words, the rules are... "simple".
- Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. No Cheating!
- Find Page 123.
- Find the first 5 sentences.
- Post the next 3 sentences.
- Tag 5 people.
The next book is the owners manual for our Chevy Cavalier. It is thick enough, but, the pages are not numbered sequentially, they are done by chapter and page (ie 6-47) and I do not feel like counting 123 pages in.
Next to the couch is a parenting book I have been reading, On Becoming Preteen Wise, and I am excited as I reach for it because surely it has more then the required pages. And it does, there it is, page 123, which has exactly 5 sentences on it. Guess this is not the book either.
Halfway under the couch is another book the boys have been reading, Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume. It is a chapter book so there is hope .... oh, nope. Only 120 pages.
What was it Amy said about this being..."simple"?
Alright! Now I am cooking! The next book is my Bible. So, page 123, sentences 6,7 and 8.
A thief must certainly make restitution, but if he has nothing, he must be sold to pay for his theft. If the stolen animal is found alive in his possession - whether ox or donkey or sheep - he must pay back double. If a man grazes his livestock in a field or vineyard and lets them stray and they graze in another man's field, he must make restitution from the best of his own field or vineyard.
I am working on making the Bible my go to book - who knew it would work in this situation as well.
Now I tag...
Brian
Kathy McShane
(these are the only two people, other then Amy, that I know have read my blog) so I will leave my tagging there.
3 comments:
That makes me laugh!
I have 17 books stacked on or around my bedside table at any given time (not that I'm reading all of them, but they're in close proximity). Of course, then, when it's time to do a meme on them, I'm nowhere near them and ended up with Eddie's guitar book. The Bible's a pretty good go-to!
Wow, you get the bible - I get a passage on cleaning toilets....
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Teclado e Mouse, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mouse-e-teclado.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment